The CellCeps+ heated forceps are electrically heated instruments designed to assist in the orientation and positioning of histological specimens during embedding in paraffin wax. They incorporate safe, low-voltage heating elements which maintain an optimum temperature for manipulation of specimens in histological wax. They may be used continuously without adjustment and without significantly influencing the temperature of the tissue.
Forceps are available in 3 sizes: 1,2 and 4mm with a choice of either serrated or smooth jaws. Smooth jaw forceps are ideal for handling fragile tissue specimens which are easily marked, whilst serrated jaws provide a strong grip for manipulating specimens, base moulds and cassettes.
Fitted with polyurethane finger grips which remain cool when in use, the forceps can be comfortably used for long periods of time.
• Finger grip moulded in polyurethane remains cool to touch when in use, and increases comfort during longer embedding sessions
• Forceps tips and tampers operate at a temperature between 63-70C, preventing tissue from sticking to the tips and ensuring specimen safety
• Forceps available with 1,2 and 4mm tip widths, giving users a greater flexibility
• Both smooth or serrated jaws forceps available – smooth forceps are ideal for handling fragile tissue specimens which are easily marked, whilst serrated jaws provide a strong grip for manipulating specimens, base moulds and cassettes
• Cable armour at junction of forceps and power cable prevents fracture and improves reliability of the product
• Bayonet connection prevents disconnection during use